Problems with MS Frontpage 2000

edited March 2013 in Software
I installed MS Frontpage 2000 on a T22 IBM Thinkpad running W2k PRO. Frontpage will not load. A window appears saying cannot load "\fp4Autl.dll". I un-installed and re-installed the program with the same results. I had already installed MS Office 2000 and the two updates included in the zip file. Any ideas?

Comments

• I used to use Microsoft FrontPage, waaay back in the day.

Trust me, your time would be much better spent on W3Schools.com learning some HTML yourself than fixing FrontPage 2000.
  • I'm not sure how things are now with HTML now, but back when I was heavily messing with it (2002/3/4), Dreamweaver was the way to go.
  • I've never actually used Dreamweaver. Once I learned to write proper HTML, I completely abandoned WYSIWYG editors.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    I've never actually used Dreamweaver. Once I learned to write proper HTML, I completely abandoned WYSIWYG editors.
    Same. I've used DreamWeaver once or twice, it's got more bells and whistles than FrontPage had. But I no longer use WYSIWYG editors either.

There's simply no need for them. HTML code is basically the easiest code to write, ever. Especially for people who are familiar with online forums and already know BBCode.