Viruses on site?

edited June 2013 in Site Issues
Hello.
I have a question about WinWorld.

I have two anti-virus programs (Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and ESET NOD32). Both of them was warn me about viruses on WinWorld.

I have a question about this warnings - it's false alarms or site really haves viruses?

Comments

• StroggoPL wrote:
    Hello.
    I have a question about WinWorld.

I have two anti-virus programs (Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and ESET NOD32). Both of them was warn me about viruses on WinWorld.

I have a question about this warnings - it's false alarms or site really haves viruses?
    NOD32 and Kaspersky both have web filtering addons to their antiviruses. They tend to block any "questionable" sites using bad javascript or sites reported to them as potentially malicious. As far as I've seen so far, the only off site javascript used is google analytics, nothing "questionable". (See other posts in this section about NOD32)
    Just treat it as a false alarm. I think someone had a probably had a grudge against Winworld and decided to report them as malicious.
  • It's the NSA. Winworld participates in PRISM.
  • I've skimmed through the code for the site and didn't find anything that would conceivably trigger one of those warnings. Usually it's a result of a site using a bad advertiser that serves up malware or the like...

The only off-site code used on WinWorld is Google Analytics and the AddThis button, as far as I know anyway.