Need help installing Windows drivers for Vista Beta

edited June 2013 in Software
Ok so I went to the Winworldpc site and I got the Vista beta iso and installed it in VB. I got it up and running, but I have no idea on how to install drivers I tried to update the systom, but I got and error: Code 8024D00A and says that the Windows store is corupt. I have no idea what that means. I just need some help finding some drivers for my graphics card as it is laging pretting bad. Here you can get some idea of the specks of the hardware I am using:http://community.linuxmint.com/hardware/from/54745. I hope that you can understand what they mean as I don't.

Comments

• Ok so I went to the Winworldpc site and I got the Vista beta iso and installed it in VB. I got it up and running, but I have no idea on how to install drivers I tried to update the systom, but I got and error: Code 8024D00A and says that the Windows store is corupt. I have no idea what that means.
    Windows Longhorn is a beta... it might not work exactly as expected. If anyone here is willing or able to do anything to help you, they will at least need to know which build you downloaded from the server.
    I just need some help finding some drivers for my graphics card as it is laging pretting bad. Here you can get some idea of the specks of the hardware I am using:http://community.linuxmint.com/hardware/from/54745. I hope that you can understand what they mean as I don't.
    Wow, I'm amazed at how virtually useless that hardware information page is. It's obsessed with optical drives. At least it told us the graphics card is an AMD A8-3520M which is hopefully what is needed to respond to your graphics card concern.

Since Longhorn was a beta, you will find no success with Windows Update and no official support from any hardware vendors. It would be a better idea to run betas on virtual machines. Why are you taking a real computer and crippling it with an operating system which should be used for research or entertainment purposes only?
  • Microsoft Windows Vista (''Longhorn'' 6.0.5840...> 03-May-2011 03:40 2G
    I also noticed that two of the other mirors are gonel Now you also forgot that this is in virtualbox and it is slower then on real hardware. i just wanted to know where I can download the drivers from and how to install drivers. I was planing to install it on a 36 GB San Disk USB 2.0 so I can play games and Live stream on Justin/Twitch tv.
  • Um, in VB, what you will want to do is right click on the cd icon in the corner, and look for an option like "insert VB guest additions disc" (I am reciting this from memory, so sorry if it is not detailed / 100% accurate). That should cause the VM to load a setup for what is basically drivers for VB, and it will also set the res of the VM to match the res of the window. It also should run a bit better at that point. Also, have you tried tweaking your video settings? I find that helps alot.
  • 1014274_139698992895582_1239106512_n.jpg
    There now you know my exact grahics card thing.
  • Any XP drivers should do, as long as you know all of the devices that you will be installing drivers for. Custom or vanilla, they all should work fine.