Windows 95B

edited February 2014 in Software
Does anyone think that Windows 95B and C are almost the same. I'm just wondering because I was
installing Windows 95C on Windows 95B and it said That C is an older version of Windows (I laughed).

And very confused...

Comments

• The only major difference between 95B and C was support for slightly newer processors (the P6 line), and IE and DirectX were updated to newer versions. 95C is the version of Windows that initially came out with the IE integrated active desktop. You can get the same results by just installing IE4 on top of 95B, though I doubt you'd really want to do that.
    Typically you cannot upgrade versions of 95 between each other as far as I'm aware of. I might be wrong on that.
  • noone wrote:
    The only major difference between 95B and C was support for slightly newer processors (the P6 line), and IE and DirectX were updated to newer versions. 95C is the version of Windows that initially came out with the IE integrated active desktop. You can get the same results by just installing IE4 on top of 95B, though I doubt you'd really want to do that.
    Typically you cannot upgrade versions of 95 between each other as far as I'm aware of. I might be wrong on that.

You'd have to use an upgrade CD or upgrade ISO for that.
  • A full CD would perform upgrades as well, though I can't say I've ever seen 95 - 95 upgrades... If your 95B had any sort of updates applied it would make system files either the same as or newer than the C versions.
  • From what I remember upgrading 95 with a new version was a pig. The proverb back in the day was just do a clean install. Generlly you would need the Upgrade Disc, but yes again from what I remember you can use the regular non-upgrade version you have to do some spoofing to make it upgrade.