[FIXED] Virus detected in OS file downloaded from site

edited March 2014 in Site Issues
Hi everyone :)

I have been downloading some of the OS iso's off of this site, and I have to say thank you all for this wonderful place! I was unable to find Mac os 9 anywhere but now I was finally able to put it on my old ibooks and now I can finally try windows ME.

But shortly after downloading the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (All-in-one) file I was alerted that it contained a virus.

I have the official cd of NT 4.0 so I will just make a iso from that as soon as I get it back from my friend. But figured I would post and see if anyone else got this issue.

Comments

• jreidsma wrote:
    Hi everyone :)

I have been downloading some of the OS iso's off of this site, and I have to say thank you all for this wonderful place! I was unable to find Mac os 9 anywhere but now I was finally able to put it on my old ibooks and now I can finally try windows ME.

But shortly after downloading the Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (All-in-one) file I was alerted that it contained a virus.

I have the official cd of NT 4.0 so I will just make a iso from that as soon as I get it back from my friend. But figured I would post and see if anyone else got this issue.
    That copy of NT4 is a corrupted package that was discussed earlier. Not sure when the replacement I found is going to be uploaded at this time.

Note: I tested that package myself and found no viruses. It's a false positive made by your AV scanner.
  • If your AV is Norton, bear in mind it has a stupid false positive "virus". http://www.symantec.com/security_respon ... os=windows
  • I don't use Norton anything except for I am going to try the old Norton tools for classic mac OS's.

Sorry, I didn't see anything about it being corrupted
  • I have noticed that on the new IE browsers that when I was downloadin nt4 Service packs, from another site that linked me to this site,
    that when downloading was finished and it ran a sercurity check. The security check gave a warning and said the file was unsafe.
    I think that the old nt exe's are in a different format and gives this warning. I have not found any viruses when I scanned the file with Norton.
  • https://www.virustotal.com/

Better than taking a single AV's word for it.
This discussion has been closed.