Mac LC won't run shuffit 4

edited March 2014 in Software
Can you fix it?

Comments

• Can you give us more info such as what OS you are running? And are you trying to say "StuffIt" or "shuffit"
  • Can you give us more info such as what OS you are running? And are you trying to say "StuffIt" or "shuffit"
    Stuffit, Mac Os 7.1.
  • What happens when you try to open the program?

We need more details about your system, is 7.1 installed on the hard drive? Are you booting from a floppy? How much ram?

Why don't you use 7.5... which is free...?

Is this exactly labeled Macintosh LC? Are there any numbers after it?
  • edited March 2014
    What happens when you try to open the program?
    We need more details about your system, is 7.1 installed on the hard drive? Are you booting from a floppy? How much ram?
    Me:Yes, Nope, 6 megs
    Me:Making real floppies of that is a butt pain
    YES, no
  • So I'll ask my first question again....

• What happens when you try to open the program?

Me:Yes, Nope, 6 megs

Me:Making real floppies of that is a butt pain

YES, no
    Part of me wants to fix the quote tags. The other part of me wants to lock the original post in its stupid state forever. Quoting it works for me.

EDIT: Original post fixed above.

I can't because it isn't recognized as a application, but maybe that is because I am using pc floppies

I can't because it isn't recognized as a application, but maybe that is because I am using pc floppies

I'm assuming you didn't bother to format it to HFS properly? If so you have lost your resource forks which would cause that to happen.

Your level of critical thinking and problem solving skills just outstands me, kid.
  • stitch wrote:
    So I'll ask my first question again....

I'm assuming you didn't bother to format it to HFS properly? If so you have lost your resource forks which would cause that to happen.

Your level of critical thinking and problem solving skills just outstands me, kid.
    See, my two dual booting macs (That dual boot osx and os 9) are broken, and my Powerbook G4 gave me only 1.1 megabytes when the floppies were formated in HFS, and the shuffit installer is 1.4 megabytes. See my problem?
  • It very may well have used some high density oddball format similar to the old Office install floppies for PC. I'm not sure.
  • Find another program that can do segmenting so you can span it across multiple disks and piece it back together on the other side.