Activating XP

edited April 2014 in Software
Hello,

I bought a second hand copy of Windows XP pro off ebay.... unfortunately it turns out to be a dud. Looks legit but when I try and activate it says not genuine.
The serial key worked to install the windows but couldn't activate.
I would buy a new copy if I could but of course too old now. I don't want to download something which is going to give my computer a virus or trojan. Any way that I can just get this XP to activate or just avoiding it all together. I am very fed up after paying good money and spending many days trying to get it to work. Someone told me to change something in the registry but that just locked me out of the computer after 30 days and I had to wipe the installation.

Hope someone can help me sort this out.
Thanks

Comments

• Yeah, you have a dud. We're not going to assist with XP activation bypasses here. Stop using XP.
  • stitch wrote:
    Yeah, you have a dud. We're not going to assist with XP activation bypasses here. Stop using XP.
    Same here. You're going to have to take care of activation yourself.
  • stitch wrote:
    Yeah, you have a dud. We're not going to assist with XP activation bypasses here. Stop using XP.
    Same here. You're going to have to take care of activation yourself.
    I'm glad you decided to create an account specifically to post this response...