Inactive accounts -- Doing some Forum Janitorial Work

edited April 2014 in News & Announcements
So I decided to have a look at our userlist earlier today... we had over 500 users who had registered, never posted and never even activated their account via the confirmation email. Therefore, I decided to prune the inactive user list just now. The registration process requires a valid email, some I know were obviously fake (eg. ponysucker@microshit.wtf) so that's why you couldn't log in and post after creating an account.

If you just registered and your account mysteriously disappeared, you can go ahead and re-register... I wasn't intentionally deleting you because I hate you or anything, the account just wasn't active according to phpbb. I'll probably be doing this on a regular basis, let's say yearly for now. There's still 550 registered users here with 0 posts going all the way back to 2004 but I don't think I'll go and prune those since they're technically active and some might lurk here still.

If you have issues registering for an account, go ahead and post a topic in Site Issues and we'll look into it, if it's an activation problem I'll manually activate your account if requested.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file