Look at this case

edited May 2015 in Hardware
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Lian-Li- ... 3765.shtml
softpedia wrote:
Looking at the simple press shot of the product might make you think it's actually a small, “cubic” mini PC system enclosure for a second or two.

But the sheer number of drive bays on the right hand-side kind of shatter that idea as soon as you notice them, and the press release easily does away with the rest.

Called PC-D666, the new chassis is actually made in such a way that it can hold two computer systems at the same time, if you can believe it.

What do you think?

Comments

• Not bad I could see myself potentially rocking something like that. Lian-Li has put out some decent, sturdy builds before.

I've seen other chassis from SuperMicro in a simiar configuration (although the right side IIRC was 3.5" drive bays (and hot swap))
  • Kinda reminds me of a case I had once but was a WTX style. I use to be all about what case to use in my builds but these days as long as it aluminum and can hold multiple hard drives I am happy.

Only enough slots for four add-in cards. They could of easily added two more.

Lian-Li are way too over priced. I've had some el-cheap'o 20 dollar all aluminum cases that worked just as well. I would take a SuperMicro case over a Lian-Li anyday if given the choice.
  • Lian-Li are great. I'm not exactly picky on cases, but you really do get what you pay for. Next build, I'm probably going to spend the extra cash on Lian-Li.
  • But does it come in beige? :)
  • I always planned on using a Lian-Li case for my desktop, but somehow, it just never worked out that way. The last couple of cases have been Antec's (currently an Antec P280) and a Corsair or two. The carbide 200R is a pretty nice case for the price.
  • I actually used a beige box for this when I first built it. When my graphics card came in I got this really shitty foxxcon case. :/
  • http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-Case-That-Can-Hold-Two-Computers-the-Phanteks-Enthoo-Mini-XL-469714.shtml
    Computers can become really powerful all on their own, especially the ones that have more than one graphics card, or even two CPUs, but there is one step further that can be taken: combining two PCs into one. That is what Phanteks sought when it made the Enthoo Mini XL.
    Technically speaking, making a “double” computer system would be as simple as using one of those dual-socket XL-AYX or E-ATX motherboards.

But that still leaves the computer with a single suite of I/O ports, a single operating system, a single entity basically.

Phanteks wanted to make it possible for there to be two distinct systems in the same computer chassis, so it made the Enthoo Mini XL.

Another article of interest: http://benchmarkreviews.com/24334/phanteks-enthoo-mini-xl-case-review/

According to that 2nd article:

You can only put in 1 motherboard at a time. If you want a dual motherboard system you have to get the optional ITX Upgrade Kit.
  • That's one nice looking case, though I am usually a cheap fuck when it comes to cases. As long as the case looks halfway decent and isn't too bad quality wise, I'm usually not picky about cases.
  • In terms of creativity and just cool looks, this case Deepcool revealed the other day would make for a pretty cool mITX build.

I have an old Silverstone Temjin TJ-09 aluminum/steel case downstairs that apparently had an MSRP of $349.99, nice looking case but huge and unfortunately not designed for modern high performance PCs; it only had a single 120mm intake in the worst possible design.

I upgraded to an Antec P280. I'm limited on what cases I can choose because my Rampage II Extreme, while not quite a E-ATX board, won't fit in the majority of ATX cases.
  • I'm also rocking the Antec P280. It's a nice case, but big. Which is both good and bad.

I do love having the front intake dust filter easily accessible without having to take off the side panel. Makes regular cleaning a breeze.
  • I've moved away from full ATX, I simply don't need a huge case with many drive/expansion bays anymore, all I need is space for my 2 SSDs, an optical drive and one graphics card. My mATX build I'm still using from 2 years ago is perfect. Although, I am considering moving cookiemonster into this case, as I soon won't have so much room around, and require crazy storage density on that system.
  • I'd definitely have to advice against getting anything advertised with 666, but never mind that, check this one out for a Micro-ATX.
  • InsertDisk wrote:
    I'd definitely have to advice against getting anything advertised with 666

I have no idea what you are talking about, but you're probably just some crazy person just rambling and making no sense.