Some Changes

edited November 2014 in News & Announcements
Hi All,

I'd like to announce some changes.

First and foremost is the new probation policy. From now on all new users will be placed on probation and that will expire after 25 approved posts. While on probation your posts will not automaticallly show in thread, but will require staff approval. Probationary users have blue user names.

I have really had a desire to avoid having WinBoards turn into a quality level akin to that of the Beta Archive. While we are far from that point I am not at all fond of the path we are going down or the influx of recent stupidity. However I am not going to be the leader to get us there and for that reason I will be stepping down from day to day operations of WinBoards. I will be collabarating with the staff on a revised set of contribution and posting guidelines and will integrate that into the site but afterwords I need to take a serious break away from here.

The day to day will be handled by SomeGuy, Duff, Kirk and noone. I will be on call for any technical/infrastructure issues and development when I find the time/passion. I will be checking in on the admin/development boards but otherwise will be in the shadows mostly as far as any site administration goes.

Comments

• Has all this stupidity that has been happening to the
    Is site recently really torn you down to step down? If so I feel sorry for you for all that shit that you must endure
  • stitch wrote:
    First and foremost is the new probation policy. From now on all new users will be placed on probation and that will expire after 25 approved posts. While on probation your posts will not automaticallly show in thread, but will require staff approval. Probationary users have blue user names.
    If this applies to you, please refrain from posting the same thing 10 times. Yes, the form submitted. The post will appear when the staff have read and manually approved it.

Thank you for saving my mouse buttons. 8)
  • Indeed, we are trying to maintain a community that is full of intelligent, level-headed discussion, without memes, stupidity and the like being thrown everywhere. We understand not everyone is a master of the English language, but basic internet and social courtesy is expected of everyone posting on the forums.

I can't speak for the other administrators (well I can use an executive order but...) but I intend to start enforcing our no-stupidity policy much more strictly. I intend to be less of a shadow administrator and take a more active role, as I don't want to see the one website I created over a decade ago and survived turn into a shitpile.

I'll add that an administrator may remove your probationary status early if we feel you are an intelligent individual making good contributions to our community. Do not ask to be removed from the Probationary group.

Unless you are really idiotic like some of those already in the River Swimmers group, you will get a single warning if we deem your posts to be completely ignoring our basic guidelines (read: stupid). Continuing to be an idiot will result in being placed in the River Swimmers group indefinitely.

I may set up a basic 'appeal' system for those in the River Swimmer group after a period of a time if you can prove you're not stupid (I'll have some form of stupidity test) - however it will ultimately be up to administrator discretion if this gets implemented.
  • In my opinion, it's not your fault guys that such idiots come to your forum and start showing stupidity all around the forum. When you warn them once and twice then ban them if they didn't bother to improve then it's the correct action to be taken, which you shouldn't regret doing that to them. Hence your current reactions toward them are quite appropriate.

Majority of them come to here for & serving no purpose - downloads are open to everyone regardless whether he/she was a member of WinBoards or not. Thus either they need to really grow up and show some sanity, or they're not appropriate to be around.

Well either way, good luck to you stitch. I always enjoyed your shouts to these idiots :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file