SimCity 2000 Special Edition - Free on Origin Today

edited May 2015 in Software
If anyone wants to pick up a free and fully legitimate copy of SimCity 2000 Special Edition, it is On The House on Origin right now, which means you can download your copy today and keep it forever.

iax5.png

nnov.png

sl4h.png

The Origin package seems to install DOSBox for you and run SimCity inside that.

Comments

• IMHO, the Windows and Mac versions are what I consider the definitive versions
  • OS/2 version forever! :) (Damn that was ported to a lot of platforms)
  • That's amazing that they even made a port of SimCIty 2000 for OS/2!

Did they ever make a Simcity 2000 for windows? I have seen a demo but not an actual port of SimCity for Windows...
  • I'm pretty sure the SimCity for OS/2 was based on the original Unix version, which was based on the original "classic" version.

SC3K was ported to Linux, but I have problems with SC3K, mainly the UI and hills.
  • There was actually both a 16-bit and a 32-version of SimCity 2000 for Windows.
  • That sounds very good news to me.
    I hope more abandonwares are public domain.
  • They are not making it public domain. Just momentarily "free", as in free beer.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    They are not making it public domain. Just momentarily "free", as in free beer.

Oops, I didn't know the fact,hehehe.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    There was actually both a 16-bit and a 32-version of SimCity 2000 for Windows.
    Wow, I never knew they even made a 32bit version of simcity 2000. I would love to have a copy so I could play it on my newer computer's.
  • IMHO, the Windows and Mac versions are what I consider the definitive versions

_________
    Arslan1
  • birdy wrote:
    SomeGuy wrote:
    There was actually both a 16-bit and a 32-version of SimCity 2000 for Windows.
    Wow, I never knew they even made a 32bit version of simcity 2000. I would love to have a copy so I could play it on my newer computer's.

AFAIK, it 32-bits runs flawlessly under XP, but not 7. You must set it as compability mode to Win95 to avoid Open-Dialog force close when you just want to see cities. I consider this port to anticipate Windows 95 release.