Windows Me swedish install

edited January 2015 in Software
i was trying to install the swedish version of windows me from this site to my old compaq laptop. after finding a working boot disk online i started the install and at 10% of file copying i get an error saying it could not copy an cab-file because of corruption(error code SU0325). i have tried cleaning the cd and even burning another one, with no results. is there something wrong with the iso?

Comments

• Try copying the contents of the setup folder to a folder on the hard drive, and running setup from there. (That usually runs much faster that way too).
  • I could copy all the cab-files from the win9x folder, exept WIN_10.cab and WIN_20.cab. windows 95 states it can't read from disk
    i have tried copying the files alone on a cd, but windows 95 did not find that cd at all.
  • I took a quick look at the ISO file, and everything looks more or less OK.

It sounds like either your CD drive is... borked :), or there was a problem making your CD-R.

A couple things to try:
    Re-burn a fresh CD using a lower speed (either 4x or 8x)
    If you can easily access the lens for this CD-drive, (many laptop CD drives have the read mechanism built in to the "tray"), try cleaning the lens with a Q-tip and some alcohol.
    Perhaps try a boot floppy with a different CD driver.
    If you are using CD-R media, you might try a CD-RW instead (or vice versa)
  • the cd drive was broken so i tested it on another computer and it worked, thanks for the help.