Windows 10 On Phones

edited March 2015 in Software
I came across quite a few articles and even some YouTube videos of Windows 10 for Phones from The Verge, unfortunately they were taken down.

What are your opinions on this? I currently own a Nokia Lumia 920 as my main phone and i'm quite excited to see how this turns out.

Microsoft is also going to be running Windows 10 on the Xbox One game console, and enable Xbox streaming from your PC, making it possible to play Xbox One games directly on the PC, something i'm also very interested to see.

What are your opinions?

Comments

• I think Windows 10 on a phone would be much more convenient to run over with my car than Windows 10 on a desktop PC.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I think Windows 10 on a phone would be much more convenient to run over with my car than Windows 10 on a desktop PC.

Will it blend, my friend? Will it blend....
  • I think that with Windows 10 and "universal" apps in the pipeline, a Windows Phone is worth taking a look at, now.

Besides, I've had Android for a long time and I want to try something else. I'm not too fond of the iPhone though, so I'm taking a shot at a Windows Phone.
  • I think that with Windows 10 and "universal" apps in the pipeline, a Windows Phone is worth taking a look at, now.

Besides, I've had Android for a long time and I want to try something else. I'm not too fond of the iPhone though, so I'm taking a shot at a Windows Phone.

After taking a look at this, I'd definitely want to try it out.

Unfortunately, my phone is not supported as of now.
  • That trackpoint-esque addition to the "keyboard" will be a saving grace for Windows Phone. Going back to a specific part of the text is extremely annoying in WP8 and WP8.1. Otherwise, WP10 will deliver more of the same with slightly improved visuals, the way I see it.
  • That trackpoint-esque addition to the "keyboard" will be a saving grace for Windows Phone. Going back to a specific part of the text is extremely annoying in WP8 and WP8.1. Otherwise, WP10 will deliver more of the same with slightly improved visuals, the way I see it.

I highly doubt an extremely minute detail like that is going to be a saving grace for anything. Besides, it only works in text messages, nothing else. I really hope they get creative with 10, as I'm finding the Metro interface (now anyway) to be stale.
  • Skora wrote:
    I highly doubt an extremely minute detail like that is going to be a saving grace for anything. Besides, it only works in text messages, nothing else. I really hope they get creative with 10, as I'm finding the Metro interface (now anyway) to be stale.
    I may have exaggerated that a bit, true, but I use it for both texting and Internet (forums), and WP8's "unique" text handling annoys me to say the least.