Windows 95 Setup Issue

edited February 2015 in Software
Hello. I was setting up Windows 95 in VirtualBox and reached stage 3 when I clicked restart (it needed me too). Before the restart, it said that all floppy disk drives and CD drives needed to be clear and empty. I pressed "restart" and an error message came up that said that I still had a floppy disk in the drive (which I didn't). It made me click "OK" and it restarted all the way back to stage 1 of setup. I checked settings of the VM to make sure I didn't have a virtual floppy disk plugged in, but I didn't. I kept going through setup only to have the error happen to me at stage 3 and make restart. Basically, the reason I made this post is to ask anybody if they know how to fix the problem. If anyone does know what is wrong, please tell me, because I've reset the setup almost 15 times, lol.

Thank you.

Comments

• Perhaps press F12 in the VirtualBox BIOS, and then press '1' to force the VM to boot from the harddisk. That might work. However, I think you might leave a virtual bootable CD in the VM, what will then boot. Just a guess...
  • What I would do is start over with a blank hard drive, copy the content of the setup folder to a folder on the hard drive, unmount any CDs or floppies, and then run setup from the hard drive.

You're not doing anything funny with snapshots are you?