Surface 3 released

edited April 2015 in Hardware
Basically a lower end SP3. Quad-core Atom x7-Z8700 and a smaller, lower res screen, but still 3:2, and has a pen. I was hoping for USB-C, but oh well.

Comments

• I've never been particularly impressed with any iteration of the surface. I always felt it was a bit too bulky and awkward and sharp edges I find to be uncomfortable.

Are tablets still popular? I've kind of got out of touch with that lately. I don't really see many tablets during my normal day-to-day activities any more. Used to see them a lot when I was a student, but since entering the world of work, all I see are desktops, laptops and phones.
  • The Surfaces do have pens, making them ideal for OneNote and whatever Adobe applications you use. You can see them in some places, and they're getting more common. Most other tablets (iPad and the ilk) are mostly media consumption devices, but even then, there are some line of business things being developed for them.
  • BlueSun wrote:

Are tablets still popular? I've kind of got out of touch with that lately.

Pun intended?
  • BlueSun wrote:

Are tablets still popular? I've kind of got out of touch with that lately.

Pun intended?

No. I didn't even realize it until you said something.
  • Touch is completely overrated. I don't see many people using tablets in public either but then again, I don't go outside much.
  • Around here at least, no one has actual computers anymore. Tablets and phones are pretty much king.

I've got a Thinkpad Tablet 8, which pretty much... just gets used in my work lunchbreak. It's brilliant, fast, and works well. But my laptop is just better to use long term for web browsing and any amount of typing.
  • I use my Thinkpad X200t for some light mouse-based gaming actually. It does very well at that for especially non-keyboard games (most flash games and this one puzzle game I have). If I need a keyboard it's still attached to it; just spin the screen around.