98se full version

edited May 2015 in Software
I have xp x64 pro. On older versions of virtual box I have been able to use the iso on the board to create a virtual 98se environment. New versions no. Some COM error comes up. I have viryual PC 2007 and I can't get it to boot the iso. Although there is a 98 selection for a VM machine. What can I do?

Bill

Comments

• mmm

There have been problems with recent versions of VirtualBox with some antivirus software and Windows Updates. The version of VirtualBox I have is 4.3.12, you can try that version until this problem is (hopefully) alleviated.

Alternately, there's always VMware, but it may not be compatible with XP anymore.
  • I'm going to guess it's a combination of using Virtualbox/Virtual PC 2007 on Windows XP 64-bit.

64-bit XP wasn't exactly renown for it's awesome stability and compatibility.
  • If his computer can handle XP x64 wouldnt he be better upgrading to 7 (Home Premium x64) even 8 would work wonders on old hardware
  • mmm

There have been problems with recent versions of VirtualBox with some antivirus software and Windows Updates. The version of VirtualBox I have is 4.3.12, you can try that version until this problem is (hopefully) alleviated.

Alternately, there's always VMware, but it may not be compatible with XP anymore.
    VMware Player 7 isn't compatible, but 6 is. And they're still updating it. The latest version of it came out on MAy 5th.