Add issue with AM3 system

edited May 2015 in Hardware
I got a system that has a Asus M4N68T-M. For the life of me I can't figure this out. When I turn on the system anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes it locks up and the video is garbled. Last time I saw this was with a bad video card. I never had a add-in video card in this system before. I even tried tossing in a old GeForce PCI-E card and still the same issue. I've removed the motherboard and inspected it and saw nothing. For giggles I even trasplanted the board into a different case and still have the same issue. Any ideas?

Comments

• Is this overclocked? If so, you may be fucking the bus or the CPU can't handle it.
  • Have you tried swapping out the PSU? Bad PSUs can cause all kinds of erratic behavior.
  • Stock speed as far as I know and yes I have swapped power supplies. Wonder if the second one isn't powerful enough.
  • In the BIOS, manually configure the PCI bus speed to 100 MHz. This will kill any built-in overclocking of the video card. Is the video card a card with a nVidia chipset?
  • nVidia chipset and I cant set the PCI bus because by time I get to it the system locks. I'm thinking to pull the battery and give it a shot.
  • I recall something similar happened to me before
    /viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6649