Mirror 1 off... how can I help?

edited May 2015 in Site Issues
I really like to run old software and relive a part of my past. This site is unique in offering a lot of options. If help improve the site, I can hire a server here in Brazil and offers it to the site host all the files. I'll take care of paying it.

I will wait for a response. Thank you!

Comments

• We are always interested in adding mirrors to our library. It's worth noting hosting a mirror involves very heavy bandwidth usage and requires a significant amount of disk space for the entire library, roughly 350GB last I looked. This means a dedicated server (no shared hosting services) is a necessity; if that's what you meant by hiring a server, no issue aside from your server provider's bandwidth limitations/charges.

At the moment our system for 'automatically' adding new mirrors to our system isn't finished yet, so it's a manual process that is rather complex. I have a server setup to replace/augment Mirror 1 but the time simply hasn't been available to make the changes to the back-end code.

All of that being said, we'd welcome a mirror in South America in the near future, as all our servers are located in Western Europe and having mirrors distributed around the globe is a plus for redundancy and speed.