Apple A/UX

edited May 2015 in Software
I have been looking on WinWorld seeing if there are any OSes I might want to check out. I came across A/UX. I googled it, and found nothing usefull. I saw on wikipedia it was Unix. It used the Old Apple logo (The really old one colorful not blue, not silver, and not the iOS 7/8 themed silver logo but the old one. I didn't even know this existed. If anyone has any inforamation for me that would awesome. Also could someone upload a Mac OS 8 ISO? I downloaded the .7z and got a weird file extension I cant use in Vmware Workstation.

Comments

• Also could someone upload a Mac OS 8 ISO? I downloaded the .7z and got a weird file extension I cant use in Vmware Workstation.
    How exactly do you plan to run MacOS 8 in Vmware, when Vmware does not emulate a Macintosh computer?

There is some good general information about Apple A/UX here: http://www.aux-penelope.com/index.htm

That is hard to test out without one of the specific mac models that will run it. As far as I know there is only one emulator, called "Shoebill", that can run it, but it is reportedly kind of buggy and difficult to set up.
  • I have been looking on WinWorld seeing if there are any OSes I might want to check out. I came across A/UX. I googled it, and found nothing usefull. I saw on wikipedia it was Unix. It used the Old Apple logo (The really old one colorful not blue, not silver, and not the iOS 7/8 themed silver logo but the old one. I didn't even know this existed. If anyone has any inforamation for me that would awesome. Also could someone upload a Mac OS 8 ISO? I downloaded the .7z and got a weird file extension I cant use in Vmware Workstation.
    Use sheepshaver, very good emulator for ppc based macos classic (it rocks macos 9.0.4 even in my laptop), or basilisk ii which emulate m68k up to macos 8.1. All guide and needs are available on emaculation wiki
  • Thank you SomeGuy for the help.
  • Thank you SomeGuy for the help.
  • If you raeally want to run MacOS8 you can use a emulator.