I am now ready to be put in preschool. (XP-related)

edited August 2015 in Offers & Requests
Windows XP is on 11%, Windows 8.1 + Windows 8 is 16%.
Websites which change stats every day, say that Windows XP Market Share on 17.8.2015 actually 9%.
Now, WinWorld library is ready to have Windows XP. Windows XP is abandonware (If we follow the Friendly Reminder. I would like Win XP source code.)
Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• You absolute moron.

Read this and tell everyone else to stop asking that. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7514
  • Let's make something perfectly clear: % usage is NOT the only metric we are going by.

We also consider:

- It is not rare, or in danger of disappearing.
    - Microsoft still supports various incarnations of it (The Point Of Sale version)
    - Microsoft profits by suppressing the availability of this software (You must buy Windows 10 :p )
    - Other companies profit by suppressing the availability of this software (You must buy a new Dell :p )
    - Microsoft has asserted their copyright status. They do not tolerate this software publicly posted.
    - This software is still useful for "actual use".

This is not up for debate, this is not up for discussion, this is simply the way it is.

If you REALLY need Windows XP, you can get it at this fine web site: http://www.ebay.com/sch/Computers-Table ... ofessional
    and quit whining about it.

Any further requests of this nature will be considered trolling, and will be nuked from orbit.
  • I'm guessing Windows XP will be put on Winworld when Half-life 3 comes out, so never.
  • FarGuy wrote:
    Websites which change stats every day, say that Windows XP Market Share on 17.8.2015 actually 9%.
    Now, WinWorld library is ready to have Windows XP. Windows XP is abandonware (If we follow the Friendly Reminder. I would like Win XP source code.)
    Do you even know what abandonware is? My god man.

It mean no one uses it anymore, it becomes hard to find, and no one has an interest in it anymore.
  • *sigh*

It doesn't matter if 10% of people use WXP. Go to any business or school or whatever. There are still MANY people who use XP. There are too much people who still use XP, in fact, there are countless programs which are still supporting XP. So, until 99% of Windows users upgrade to 7/8.1/10, and until all developers (or at least the majority) stops compiling programs for it, XP isn't becoming abandonware. Maybe in 3-4 years it'll be unused enough to become an abandonware, but for now: abandonware contains the word "abandon", meaning something that is forgotten and unused. XP isn't forgotten and unused. End of story.
  • FarGuy wrote:
    What I don't get is why do you guys want this? If you guys want this so badly just torrent the fricken thing.. Also if you want the source code you will have to ask Microsoft for that not us. There is only one thing I can say about you....
  • No. No. No.

Jesus Christ, read and use your brain people. It's not just an arbitrary number, it's the fact XP is still supported and widely used and in absolutely no danger of disappearing. To regular members, please stop responding to these retarded posts.