MS-DOS 6.22 drivers

edited October 2015 in Software
Hi,
i am looking for the DOS drivers.
I cant find them on the site.
Thanks.

Comments

• Drivers for what?

DOS is so minimalistic and old, there might not be any infrastructure/drivers for what you want.
  • The only drivers you need for DOS is mouse, sound and maybe RAID/SCSI.
  • xorion33 wrote:
    Hi,
    i am looking for the DOS drivers.
    I cant find them on the site.
    Thanks.

Well, which DOS driver you're looking for?
  • TCPMeta wrote:
    The only drivers you need for DOS is mouse, sound and maybe RAID/SCSI.
    And what about CD-ROM, NIC or extended RAM drivers to use more than 64MB RAM?
    This might be an interesting site for TO.
  • I think DOS 5 and higher has built in CD-ROM drivers. As for networking in DOS it's not so much the drivers but the networking suite you choose such as LAN manager, Novell Netware or MS network client. There are also others such as WATT32 and such. As for "RAM" drivers they're not needed unless you have some special memory expand board.
  • DOS will have MSCDEX, but it does not have any CD drivers - those come elsewhere.

For networking, the suite matters, and that will affect what drivers you need. (packet or NDIS/ODI?)
  • DOS 4+ has drivers for memory, mouse, and a cdifs file (mscdex).

If you want hardware driver you need a hardware driver, usually supplied. Now the CDROMS etc are on the IDE bus, so that is not an issue.

Most of the time, DOS is unconnected.
  • If you want a modernish TCP stack in DOS you want to use WATT32 for the sake of memory and CPU usage, it also uses small Packet drivers. You could use MS network client 3.0 but it's a memory hog and uses NDIS drivers.