Windows 8.1 BSOD after waking from sleep mode

edited November 2015 in Software
Scenario: I put the computer in sleep after closing GPU intensive processes and power hogging utilities, I go to turn it back on and the PC indicator lights are on but there is no signal sent to the monitor, keyboard or mouse. After a few seconds the PC seems to have restarted itself, as the POST beep sound is heard and the LENOVO boot screen shows up. Everything starts normally, but I fire up BlueScreenView and there have been BSoDs when the PC was waken from sleep mode.

BSoD Error Codes and Faulting Drivers:

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (0x100000ea)

Caused by: Dxgkrnl.sys (and atikmdag.sys noting it is in red.)

This issue has been re-occurring since the 25th, and I'm unsure of what I need to do to fix this issue without costly repairs.

TL;DR: Computer BSoDs after being waken from sleep and I want to know how to repair it

Comments

• Scenario: I put the computer in sleep after closing GPU intensive processes and power hogging utilities, I go to turn it back on and the PC indicator lights are on but there is no signal sent to the monitor, keyboard or mouse. After a few seconds the PC seems to have restarted itself, as the POST beep sound is heard and the LENOVO boot screen shows up. Everything starts normally, but I fire up BlueScreenView and there have been BSoDs when the PC was waken from sleep mode.

BSoD Error Codes and Faulting Drivers:

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER (0x100000ea)

Caused by: Dxgkrnl.sys (and atikmdag.sys noting it is in red.)

This issue has been re-occurring since the 25th, and I'm unsure of what I need to do to fix this issue without costly repairs.

TL;DR: Computer BSoDs after being waken from sleep and I want to know how to repair it
    You use lenovo just like me?
    Those love BSODING!
    Just don't sleep.
    Something is wrong with your drivers.
    Use this site: Google.com!
    :>>))
  • You use lenovo just like me?
    Those love BSODING!
    Just don't sleep.
    :>>))[/quote]

I've tried poking around the Graphics drivers and I can't seem to find any update issues
    Then again it's an AMD card that I have installed, so the drivers are prone to crashing, but not causing a BSOD
  • po lu wrote:
    Those love BSODING!
    Just don't sleep.
    :>>))
    What a fucking amazing answer.
  • garirry wrote:
    Watch your mouth!
  • po lu wrote:
    Those love BSODING!
    You know the old saying, Don't judge a PC brand by the amount of BSODs you get, If I were you I'd say the same about Dell, Since Most of those BSOD'd on me.

Ontopic: Try updating the video drivers from AMD's website instead of Lenovo. If that doesn't work, Then maybe your video card is failing.
  • po lu wrote:
    Those love BSODING!
    You know the old saying, Don't judge a PC brand by the amount of BSODs you get, If I were you I'd say the same about Dell, Since Most of those BSOD'd on me.

Ontopic: Try updating the video drivers from AMD's website instead of Lenovo. If that doesn't work, Then maybe your video card is failing.

I'm fairly optimistic my card isn't dying, I bought October of this year
  • po lu wrote:
    Those love BSODING!
    I've had a Lenovo for a year and a half, not a single BSoD.
  • Maybe a BIOS update could solve that.
    I've often seen in various brands of computers' BIOS changelogs mentions about fixing issues when resuming from sleep mode.
  • po lu wrote:
    Those love BSODING!
    I've had a Lenovo for a year and a half, not a single BSoD.
    Mine is five years old.
  • edited November 2015
    po lu wrote:
    garirry wrote:
    Watch your mouth!

Why the fuck should he watch his mouth? And how? I'm pretty sure nobody would be able to see their mouth, unless the have a mirror. And yes, I am being a smartass.
  • oops, double post.