Registrations are now open?

edited February 2016 in Site Issues
The last registration I saw in a long time was some user called "Bear455". Registrations were, and I believe are, closed.
But...
XXYQPD1.png
There is a new user? "dude"? Is this just me, or are registration now open? I also saw a post on the front page buy a user called "HondaCivic". Are accounts being granted?

Comments

• I'm going to take an educated guess that people are emailing the admins to start accounts here, so they may offer and submit their software towards our community here. I could be wrong.
  • birdy wrote:
    I'm going to take an educated guess that people are emailing the admins to start accounts here, so they may offer and submit their software towards our community here. I could be wrong.
    That's what I was thinking, although I'm not sure how they would get the e-mail address. Maybe they're asking through IRC? General Correspondence is certainly not being used. Every time I tried to use it, it said "This endpoint has been disabled".
  • Perhaps their using the GC link on the contact page. Other than that I don't really know what the policy is..
  • Yes, staff can manually add accounts.

Yes, the GC page is still borked. But the peace and quiet is so nice...

The smartest of the smart can contact staff via mental telepathy. :P
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Yes, staff can manually add accounts.
    The smartest of the smart can contact staff via mental telepathy. :P
    Ah, that explains it. Really? I gotta try that some time. Maybe explode some heads in the process. :lol:
  • It was telepathy.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Really? I know the staff can add accounts, but who is contacting you guys? How are they contacting you?
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    Really? I know the staff can add accounts, but who is contacting you guys? How are they contacting you?
    Either it's someone who has access to their email addresses, or someone just maybe requested through IRC? Dunno. There's only one new account made over the past many months (this one), so it's likely that someone out there had enough power or importance to get an account (could be a test account though).
  • We are going the show your face model in IRC. Of you come in with abandonware to share, and not bullshit drama, you may get an account.

With that said every time there is a slight change in things I don't need to account to you, wpblogheader. In fact, I need to account for absolutely nothing for you, wpblogheader. You need to stop getting on my nerves because wpblogheader there will be no warning when your account is banned for a second time.

folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.