Bumping old threads (was How much RAM is too much?)

edited February 2016 in Hardware
underjack wrote:
As far as tablet's go, I spend a lot of time on my Dell Venue 11 Pro. For media "consumption" I use it as a tablet, and even though using the onscreen keyboard for FB is somewhat annoying, it's usable.

Then I can drop it into it's keyboard "dock" and it turns into an 11 inch laptop. Add my BT mouse and I can do development work in VS 2010 as well as anything else doable on a little laptop, like writing this post. For a while I even used it to replace an ill desktop, using a big monitor and a combo USB3 hub and gigabit ethernet adapter.

It doesn't work for games (but will run Halo and contemporaries), but I can stream Steam to it from my desktop rig. That and 10 hours of battery (15 if I use the keyboard)...I find it quite useful.

No, I can't sway parts like on my desktop rig...but there's nothing really to swap: The SOC has everything except for memory, storage (EMMC), and wireless. You kinda need that level of integration to get such battery life...the Atom Z3770 uses less than 4 watts and does damn near everything... I *could* add 4G LTE to it, and I can replace the battery, which is a plus, but I've never really felt the need.

Why did you bump a thread from December?

That's 2 months ago.

Comments

Why did you bump a thread from December?

That's 2 months ago.
    You're the one to talk, wpblogheader, you've been doing this very often for the past few months. And at least his post was well written and quite interesting to read.
  • garirry wrote:
    And at least his post was well written and quite interesting to read.
    Coming from a guy who thinks the Windows 10 hate needs to stop...

And I don't think you're a mod, either.
  • Off topic posts split.

There is nothing horribly wrong with bumping an old thread as long as the new post is 100% on topic, contains intelligent content, and is not well served by a new topic.

If the thread's conversation has died off, then just ignore it.

Given how slow things have been here lately, threads will get old quickly.

Posting comments playing back seat moderator just takes the thread off topic and makes things worse.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the Society to Prevent Alien Explosions.
This discussion has been closed.