Windows Vista build 5840

edited May 2016 in Software
Hello,

If I have a genuine key for Windows Vista, will it work to activate build 5840 of Windows Vista home premium, or will it work only on builds 6000 and greater?

I have looked quite a bit and am unclear as to how this works. I read that it was in the RTM branch but of course was not the actual RTM version.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Brandon

Comments

• you could try this V7KPK-CRWQ9-8F374-2KGPC-QCKG8
  • Hello,

First, that key did not work. My next question is, will I be able to activate 5840 with a new Vista product key, or will a key I purchase only work with builds 6000 and greater?

I'm not sure where you found that but if it will let me activate via a key I purchase, then do you know where I can purchase a Vista Home Premium key please?

Thanks,

Brandon
  • You could try and use Windows Loader. They install a product key license they already have into the system. Though it may be illegal, I feel its morally fine to use it on a pre-release build.
  • Not sure on the legality of all of this, but MS Toolkit from the official torrent has never failed me. It reportedly supports Vista, not sure about pre-release.
    I've got a load of spare Vista keys, didn't realize people still purchased Vista...
  • I'd imagine that release keys will only work with release versions.