Found a copy of After Dark 3.0 for IBM PCs

edited June 2016 in Software
So, I went looking through my floppies today and found After Dark 3.0! Unfortunately, disk 1 is corrupt, but disk 2 appears to be intact! I attached the IMA file made with
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=AfterDark3.0.Disk2.ima
!

Disk 2

Comments

• Thanks, the original floppy Afterdark 3.0 is not currently on Winworld. Unfortunately just a disk 2 is not going to help much.

Usually when 3.5" disks go bad there is no recovering them. But perhaps you could try visually inspecting the disk, and using a q-tip and isopropyl alcohol to gently clean the surface.

Also, a DOS tool like ImageDisk would be able to save image files when there are bad sectors, and even retain sector data when only the CRC doesn't match. (requires a real floppy drive and controller, not a USB drive)
  • @GeekyGecko

Can you upload broken (corrupt) disk1 by Teledisk or ImageDisk that SomeGuy said?

I have version 3.0 of it.
    Your disk 2 is modified on Boot ID and attribute on Root Area.
    Disk 2 is verified. But I need verification of disk 1.
  • Sweet! They may be modified because they aren't the original, just copies. I also have a serial key if you want it! I'll try and give you the Disk 1 & 2 Images soon. I have a real floppy drive.
  • Okay, my serial key is: "ADW-33671-7329" and the download link is here:
    Both disks in a zip
    I don't think I'll be able to clean it off, I'll probably cause more harm than good doing so.
  • Thanks very much.

Now here is untouched (no broken) disk image of it.

https://mega.nz/#!q5k22Z6Z!ijbawkdsXOgG ... Gg0EkJiTzI

SHA1:eb146c5e3664c1dbece5a6726d41aebb6dc41c73 / Disk 1
    SHA1:d3338681a1953e054373394b3fb77d6c787470da / Disk 2
  • Here is screenshot of After Dark 3.00 on Windows 3.1

46imVPG.png

YSslVrb.png

U8M6K19.png

k82PfXd.png

uc3NfOC.png

GfIVY3c.png

AyojMDV.png

GWeJ5B7.png

DWZu6Oe.png

fmL8K24.png

ctfOPoc.png

yxHdh2e.png

ZGdNVNT.png

YguB9cs.png
  • ibmpc5150, Were you just missing the 2nd disk? Is that what happened? We should go submit this :)
  • I'll add this to the library when I can.
  • GeekyGecko wrote:
    ibmpc5150, Were you just missing the 2nd disk? Is that what happened? We should go submit this :)

I uploaded both disk 1 and disk 2 of After Dark 3.0

mega:///#!q5k22Z6Z!ijbawkdsXOgGdo1GrX7AF6H8FGrwHpxm3Gg0EkJiTzI
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    GeekyGecko wrote:
    ibmpc5150, Were you just missing the 2nd disk? Is that what happened? We should go submit this :)

I uploaded both disk 1 and disk 2 of After Dark 3.0

mega:///#!q5k22Z6Z!ijbawkdsXOgGdo1GrX7AF6H8FGrwHpxm3Gg0EkJiTzI
    I meant did you have only disk 1 and were you looking for disk 2? Also, you used the link from the mega extension :)
  • He seems to have a rather large software collection, but usually only shares when someone else makes an effort to dump the disks. It appears he does that to justify that he is not the one "releasing" the software, but rather just helping to ensure it is dumped properly.
  • >I meant did you have only disk 1 and were you looking for disk 2? Also, you used the link from >the mega extension.

No thanks. I have both of them and verified. Thanks.

I also got dumped image of "After Dark 3.0" from other site.
    But I didn't upload and offer the dumped image because I needed verification of the disk image before you attached it.