Windows 10's Start Menu is horrible

edited June 2016 in Software
Hello.

Yet again, I find my start menu did not open again. Ran the troubleshooter and it said something about reinstalling cortana. So I uninstall DogeCoin core and restart my pc

It opens again. This makes no sense, as the programs should be able to put themselves in the start menu but some just can't for me at least. If anyone might know why this is, I would like to know. I think one reason might be that the way some programs put themselves in the start menu makes cortana not be able to start, as before I uninstalled DogeCoin Core, cortana did not show up in Task Manager and the start menu did not open. After uninstalling, Cortana's back in Task Manger and the start menu opens again

Also, my windows 10 is 32bit and I installed the 32bit version of DogeCoin core. So its not 32bit/64bit issues.

It would also be nice if Microsoft could make the troubleshooter better and finding what went wrong.

Comments

• If you keep in mind all of Windows 10 was written by India slave labor, and that they fired all their quality control, and the visual design is all done by one of the higherups 5-year old kids, well then it makes sense.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    If you keep in mind all of Windows 10 was written by India slave labor, and that they fired all their quality control, and the visual design is all done by one of the higherups 5-year old kids, well then it makes sense.
    Yes, that and you signed the licensing agreement. That why I prefer gnu and other free licenses. But to answer your question, I found quite a few results here. Also if you want to see what people have called windows 10, than look no further than here.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    If you keep in mind all of Windows 10 was written by India slave labor, and that they fired all their quality control, and the visual design is all done by one of the higherups 5-year old kids, well then it makes sense.
    Explains the simple shapes and basic colours. They just read those "shapes and colours" books for babies and asked papa Ballmer to let them design Windows 8 (and 10).

Seriously this over-the-top minimalistic design has gone too far. I don't mind it but people need to seriously learn to design before doing this soulless crap.
  • I dont mind the start menu in windows 10 it is actually pretty useful to launch programs really quickly.
  • You can always go for a Start Menu replacement like ClassicStart, that people have been going for since Windows has went down the shitter in recent years.
    SomeGuy wrote:
    Makes me wonder why people even bother to use it, let alone the kids of this generation that I would feel sorry for. On that subject, I heard that this abomination was to get major updates this month, and I doubt changes to the design is to be one of them. At least OS X El Capitan looks more handsome compared to that.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    At least OS X El Capitan looks more handsome compared to that.
    At least somebody is on my side! Its too bad Apple changed their licence agrement, because Hackintosh builds were in my opinion a great idea.

I've been forced to dualboot Windows 10 with OSX on my 2015 MacBook Pro recently, and not only is doing anything specific in settings a pain in the a$$, but monitor sailing is broken, and setting your own refresh rate for an external monitor is impossible (I had Win10 on my old MacBook Pro before it was stolen and I had the same issue).