Windows me not booting!!!

edited August 2016 in Software
Hi everyone, I'm in a little situation here. All I want to do is install windows me (or Millenium Edition) to a usb but when i boot up from me disk i get the black screen with the under scroll flashing and then boots to the harddisk! any suggestions? I tried booting from windows 95 disk and then install me from there but i think it might be my computer, Problem is i don't know what is causing this!

Comments

• You really need to provide more detail about what kind of computer it is.

However I can tell you right now that even though it might theoretically be possible, Windows 9x or ME will not be happy installed to a USB drive. If it even ran it would be running in bios compatiblity mode.

I'm also guessing that you are talking about a relatively recent computer, in which case there will be no drivers for video, audio, etc. If that is the case, then just install it in VirtualBox or VMWare.
  • Problem is though whenever i attempt to install it in virtualbox i get the "memory could not be written" error.
  • What are the specs of your host and guest machine? Remember, Windows 9x can't handle more than 512MB of RAM by default, and you need sufficient hardware to run virtual machines. I also have to disable VT-X for Windows 9x or setup will crash.
  • Problem is though whenever i attempt to install it in virtualbox i get the "memory could not be written" error.
    Because you didn't enable the VT-x or AMD-V