[REQUEST] Windows 95 (Retail Full) (ISO)

edited November 2016 in Offers & Requests
Does anyone know where can I find the ISO for Windows 95 (Retail Full) Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Does anyone know where can I find the ISO for Windows 95 (Retail Full) Thanks in advance!

First, you must know the following fact.

1) Windows 95 (Retail Full) version was released as Floppy media only.
    2) Windows 95 Retail CD media was released as Upgrade version only.

Therefore, there is no meaning to request Windows 95 (Retail Full) as CD ISO.
  • Sorry, I mistook to write eBay's software on this thread.
    I edited the post quickly.

If admin delete this post, thanks. (Sorry for inconvenience)
  • The way to achieve an RTM full copy would be to use a method to combine the original floppies onto a single disc.

I'm unsure of the OEM discs, never had or tried one. And the english version on here needs a redump.
  • I believe you can find an ISO file for Windows 95 (A,B and C) On the Old Dos FTP server. A quick google search for the server should give the URL and the credentials needed to login.
  • Actually there were only two types of "Full Retail" CD's that you could get. 1 was an OEM version direct from Microsoft or from someone that worked there (if there was some kind of shady deal going on) and the other was "For Distribution with a New PC" type deal in the US and if you lived near the west coast. but that was me then, I have no clue about the rest of the US let alone the rest of the world
  • No "Full Retail" CD version was released from Microsoft.

Microsoft released "Retail Full" version as Floppy media only.
    (Only "Retail Upgrade" or OEM (MS Geniune) version were released with CD Media.)

There is no meaning (useless) to discuss about "Retail Full" with CD media.
  • All Windows 95 editions (OEM/Retail Upgrade/Full) contains the exact same program files. To override the product type, copy the setup files in to a folder, in that folder create a file named "MSBATCH.INF" with the lines
    [Setup]
    ProductType=1

and then run setup.

Note that Windows 98/ME requires a different method.
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    All Windows 95 editions (OEM/Retail Upgrade/Full) contains the exact same program files. To override the product type, copy the setup files in to a folder, in that folder create a file named "MSBATCH.INF" with the lines
    [Setup]
    ProductType=1

and then run setup.

Note that Windows 98/ME requires a different method.

I remember that. We had just opened up a computer shop and what a PITA stuffing floppies in one after another. So rigged a CD and even if the customer didn't want one - that's how I loaded W95 on new builds. Slap the card in, load up the HD, pull the card.