Why is Windows 2000 Broken and how do I fix it?

edited September 2016 in Software
Ok.I got VMware player.And windows 95 onto it.Then I realized Windows 2000 was way newer, so I tried to get the preloaded one. Never worked. So I bumped up my memory to 128 megabytes, so I could use the upgrade. After it finished, I wanted a higher resolution so I tried to install VMware tools but it wanted an update. I got a USB thumb drive and using the feature in VMware player 7.1 that allows you to put USB devices to the guest and I transferred the file over.By then I found out that there was a problem:I had the 95 VMware tools version, but it allowed me to do Auto login.So I gave up on that.Then I wanted to be secure as possible so I wanted to go to windows update.I needed I.E. 6 to do that but the Microsoft website was broken on I.E 5, so I used the flash drive again. It started doing drivers for it, then it said explorer.exe crashed. I hard rebooted it.....it was formatting still, then rebooted and gave me a BSOD. It has been like that since then. So all I need is help to not do this next time and how it was caused.

Comments