Windows 98SE Hungarian ISO not working

edited September 2016 in Software
Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

So, lately I tried to download the Windows 98SE ISO, since my old computer that ran it just got dumped. RIP.
I wanted to get back that nostalgia, etc.
It downloaded, so I kicked up Virtualbox, "inserted" the ISO, and suddenly, Virtualbox gives an error saying that it "could not get the storage format of the medium", giving an error code of VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED.
I know this forum is about ISOs and not Virtualbox, but I suspect it's not Virtualbox, I've never saw this error before (except once when I tried to open my OWN corrupted ISO, lel).

Does anyone else get that error? (Or a similar one) And if yes, could the admins check the file?

Thanks in advance,
Proton Pig

Comments

• Note: Moved to software, and removed some garbage from the post.

Not sure why you would be getting that error in VirtualBox, it should just work.
  • Usually, when VirtualBox gives an error code of VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED, that means that either the ISO is an unusual format, or the ISO is corrupt. I would verify the download and see if the SHA1SUM matches.
  • I took a closer look at it, and it appeared to be in "raw" ISO format, that most programs don't support.

I converted it and re-uploaded it here: https://winworldpc.com/download/313EAB6 ... 5400B25447 .