How to install Borland C++ Builder?

hnnhnn
edited October 2016 in Software
I was delighted to see you have Borland C++ Builder 5 & 6.

However, I seem to be unable to install them.

Both give me weird errors under Windows 7 64bit, also they both claim there are files missing. I can't confirm that since I can't compare it with the original.

I do not know if this issue is because I need to run them under some compatibility mode, elevated privileges, do some weird trick or what...

If someone here has installed those succesfully, could you please tell me how? It would be nice to have a confirmation, do those actually work or is the problem on my end.

Thank you.

Comments

• i could be wrong but they're from 2002-2000 so it's normal it won't run under windows 7, at least that's my theory
  • You likelly want to download Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 from winworldpc, download VirtualBox from www.virtualbox.org and install it, create a virtual machine, install Windows NT 4 or Windows 2000 (or create 2 virtual machines, one with NT 4 and the other with Windows 2000) and try installing Borland C++ builder inside each virtual machine to see in which of those 2 older Windows releases it works better.
  • Thank you for your replies and pointing me to the right direction, for some reason I didn't think about running it on VM.

SO, I installed virtualbox + win2000 and tested it.

It works :)