VMWare Snapshots

edited December 2016 in Software
Heya.

So I was wondering: How do I create and restore a snapshot in VMWare Workstation 12 Player. Someone said I could restore from a snapshot, but I don't know how to do that. The reason I ask is because I was messing around in a Windows ME VM I made, and I deleted System32 and tried restarting. Here's what happens: Do you know how I can do snapshots? That reminds me of another question: I tried booting into safe mode and this happened: I do think I have an ISO or a vmx file, but I don't remember if I do. (I don't need help about downloading either)

PugSans

Comments

• Based on what you've said, you might not be able to use snapshots this time. What I would have done, I would first make a snapshot, mess around with the virtual machine, and then restore the snapshot once I'm done. But since I use VirtualBox, I can't give you specific instructions on how to do that.
  • snapshots are very easy to use in vmware, but like ubuntuxp has said, if you didn't make one before you messed up the vm, there's not much you can do now, but reinstall.

anyway, next time, once you're done reinstalling and customizing your vm, right clibk on your vm in the left pane, and select snapshot, from there on it's straight forward.