Man uses NT 3.1 to host a website

edited October 2016 in Software
Apparently this guy is using NT 3.1 to host a website that appears to be something that could've been the microsoft website decades ago.

https://virtuallyfun.superglobalmegacorp.com/2016/10/12/apache-1-3-4-on-windows-nt-3-1/

Comments

• If you think that is something, a while back Mike Brutman over at the vintage computing forum was running a web site directly from a real IBM PCJr.
  • Wouldn't the PCjr blow up or something?
  • That is quite awesome! It makes me wonder if its even possible to make and successfully host a website using OS/2 warp, with out it crashing. As I would love to put some time into that idea.
  • birdy wrote:
    That is quite awesome! It makes me wonder if its even possible to make and successfully host a website using OS/2 warp, with out it crashing. As I would love to put some time into that idea.

Sure, but Warp is just too new for my liking, instead I use OS/2 2.0 to host my useless OS/2 website.

So now I have OS/2 2.0 & Windows NT 3.1 running Apache on the Internet.
  • neozeed wrote:
    birdy wrote:
    That is quite awesome! It makes me wonder if its even possible to make and successfully host a website using OS/2 warp, with out it crashing. As I would love to put some time into that idea.

Sure, but Warp is just too new for my liking, instead I use OS/2 2.0 to host my useless OS/2 website.

So now I have OS/2 2.0 & Windows NT 3.1 running Apache on the Internet.
    Wow, that is a pretty cool site, thanks for sharing!
  • If you're interested in running web servers on old hardware, you might want to have a look at EZ-NOS :]
    They even have/had a release that worked with Intel 8088 processor-based computers.