Weird usb floppy drive issue with windows 10

edited December 2016 in Hardware
I am having a issue with usb floppy disk drives, in the newest version of windows 10. When i put a floppy disk into a usb drive, it will recognize the disk, but when i take the disk out, the drive still think the floppy is still in it, and shows the directory of the floppy disk that was inserted into it. If i than click any of them files , it says please insert floppy into drive A: to get information, Why is this happening , I have tried multiple usb floppy drives and they are all doing the same thing. I am wondering if this is an issue with the newer version of windows 10 , Since previous versions of windows 10 don't have the issue.

Comments

• My guess is that Windows 10 is caching the files somewhere. What build of Windows 10 do you have?
  • ubuntuxp wrote:
    My guess is that Windows 10 is caching the files somewhere. What build of Windows 10 do you have?

I am using the newest windows 10 build which is 14393.321
  • Probably MS wants to discourage people from using obsolete storage tech and consequently disable people from using old computers. As of Windows 8, alot of crap has been going on and this is probably just a standard-issue case of one of those deliberate bugs that MS makes to prevent Windows from being perfect (If any one Windows was perfect, new versions would not be purchased. MS admitted to canceling Windows 9 because it was bug-free and had to many futuristic and ultra-useful features). The best you can do is file a bug report or install Windows 7 or an older OS in VirtualBox and link the floppy drive to the respective VM. I hope this was helpful!
  • pcgeek wrote:
    MS admitted to canceling Windows 9 because it was bug-free and had to many futuristic and ultra-useful features)
    ...there was a Windows 9? I don't see that mentioned anywhere, though I am interested on what these features were... I am very intrigued of what you said there.
  • pcgeek wrote:
    MS admitted to canceling Windows 9 because it was bug-free and had to many futuristic and ultra-useful features

[citation needed]
  • I think you two need new batteries in your sarcasm detectors. :P

Everyone knows the truth is that no one at Microsoft can even count to 9. :P
  • SomeGuy wrote:
    I think you two need new batteries in your sarcasm detectors. :P

Everyone knows the truth is that no one at Microsoft can even count to 9. :P

Just as how Valve can't count to 3.
  • Well, there have been some online rumors of Win9...
  • pcgeek wrote:
    Well, there have been some online rumors of Win9...

Windows 9 is Windows 10.
  • I like to think of Windows 9 as Windows 8.1... that way my brain doesn't explode.
  • But if you enter the code on the shirts of the Windows 10 Showcase Staff it prints;
    Why was Vista scared of Windows 7
    ;
    ;
    Because Windows 7 8 (ate) Windows 9

There is another theory over the confusion of Mac OS9, but I feel as if the binary code option makes more sense.
  • But if you enter the code on the shirts of the Windows 10 Showcase Staff it prints;
    Why was Vista scared of Windows 7
    ;
    ;
    Because Windows 7 8 (ate) Windows 9

There is another theory over the confusion of Mac OS9, but I feel as if the binary code option makes more sense.
    Windows 10 was never known as Windows 9. They deliberately skipped over that name because they felt that it was a great enough milestone to warrant a "Windows 10" product name. There was even an article about it from shortly before the operating system was released, and that was even quoting a product manager for Windows 10 at Microsoft, general product manager for Windows marketing Jeremy Korst, so it was "straight from the horse's mouth" (as they say).
    This is the article: http://www.channelweb.co.uk/crn-uk/news/2417544/microsoft-reveals-why-it-snubbed-windows-9-name

It doesn't get any finer than that.

The only reason for why people invented that "binary code" excuse was because they couldn't accept the fact that they were wrong about it being called "Windows 9". This is exactly the problem with so-called "journalists" who think that they can talk about something that they know nothing about, and then avoid admitting that they were completely wrong in their so-called "articles".

My answer to the so-called "journalists" who invented all those crazy excuses for how Microsoft "renamed" their product from Windows 9 to Windows 10 is this link here: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20030908-00/?p=42613