html 5 browser for windows 98se

edited November 2016 in Software
Does any one know if somebody yet made a browser for windows 98 that will support html 5. Since flash player for windows 98 isn't support anymore. been doing a search online and had no luck finding anything. Thanks for the help i can get.

Comments

• When I conducted a search for one myself, the top result mentioned K-Meleon if you can give that a go. That should have HTML5 support. However, the search results brought up a near-identical request you made over five years ago and there were answers there.
  • im not a professional at software but a older version of firefox should work for HTML5
  • No, the last version of Firefox officially for Windows 9x not only did not have any HTML 5 support, but it barfed on any page that added unknown "HTML 5" tags.

And in this case we are talking about Video. Back in Firefox 2, it left video where it belonged - as a seperate application/plugin.
  • HTML5 isn't really common on older systems and browsers, Especially for video viewing, IIRC the last Opera version for 98 had partial support for HTML5, But it's probably not enough for video sites to work, If you have KernelEX, You could try some newer browsers made for Win2k like Firefox 8.0 and see if it works.

Or better yet, get a Windows 2000 system fully updated with SP5 and try the latest Firefox since SP5 adds an XP Compatibility layer for newer programs like that, If your goal was to get modern video sites on a vintage OS, That could work if you don't mind using NT.