How to put a Windows 2000 ISO onto a DVD

edited January 2017 in Software
So, I'm fairly new to this but I would like to get my Dell Dimension restored to its former glory. If you want to know more about my particular machine, just go on YouTube and search "dellasaurus" by MultiMediaJay (not me). Well anyways, how would I go about doing this? Is this a program that I have to use to download the ISO, if so what is it, and is there another program to get it onto the disc? I can't seem to find any posts on how to do this. Please provide thorough instructions for me to follow. Thanks for helping and I'm sorry if I'm being a pain for not know what to do.

Comments

• Most CD burners don't differentiate between a CD or DVD ISO. The only difference is the size.

Typically you can burn an ISO from a CD to a single or double layer DVD (double layer is a waste though) and it should just work. Well, as long as the machine you plan to use it on has a DVD drive rather and a plain old CD drive.

Some older OSes might have issues booting like that, but I would expect Windows 2000 to work.

As to what program to write CD/DVDs, we generally recommend ImgBurn: https://winworldpc.com/product/imgburn but there are zillions of others.
  • It should work as pointed out above since Windows 2000 is fairly basic and new enough to be installed from a DVD, As for what burner to use, You can burn the ISO through Windows Explorer if you're using a Windows 7-10 computer to burn the disc by right-clicking the ISO and selecting "Burn Disc Image".

The download will be in a 7z container, Use 7-zip to extract it, In the extracted directory there should be a Windows 2000 ISO ready to be burned.
  • I use Nero or UltraISO to burn ISO to DVD on DVD or CD Media.

Not only Windows 2000 but installed Windows 9x via DVD Drive.