Problem with Windows Whistler

edited January 2017 in Software
I downloaded a pre-release version of Windows XP from WinWorldPC, called Windows Whistler. Specifically it is Whistler version "5.1.2535.0 Professional RC2". When I downloaded it, I got a 7Zip file that included the ISO and also a text file that had a serial number for it. Unfortunately, that serial number does NOT WORK. Please re-upload that entry in the WinWorldPC OS database, and this time include a text file with a WORKING serial number.

Here's a screencap of me trying to install it in Virtual Box, to prove that indeed it didn't work.

nzX2Kqe.png

Comments

• Try this one: QB2BW-8PJ2D-9X7JK-BCCRT-D233Y
  • I think this is Not related with site issue.

I recommend to write on Software Thread (Topic).
  • ibmpc5150 wrote:
    I think this is Not related with site issue.

Agreed.

Moving to the Software forum.
  • stitch wrote:
    ibmpc5150 wrote:
    I think this is Not related with site issue.

Agreed.

Moving to the Software forum.

It's a site issue, because the admin on this site needs to take an action to resolve the issue on the website. That is, he needs to re-upload the 7Zip file that contains that version of Whistler, and this time make sure to put in a text file that contains an actual WORKING serial number,

And the one posted by UbuntuXP worked
    ubuntuxp wrote:
    Try this one: QB2BW-8PJ2D-9X7JK-BCCRT-D233Y

So yes, this should remain in the "Site Issues" section of the forum.

@stitch Please move this thread back into the "Site Issues" section of the forum, so that the website's admin can read it and take the required action to fix the problem.
  • Videogamer555, I am the site admin, and if you want to keep dictating how we do things on the site, then I will show you the door and ban your account.

Take this as your one and only warning. I am not shy to drop people's IP's into iptables and blocking their access to downloads entirely when they prove to be an abnormal pest.

folder_lock.gif
  • Hate to add to a locked thread, but just for future reference and the additional linkage, the Serials Compilation Thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6677 Is where additional or corrected serials can go.

Also tried a little something, as I thought it is possible to add regular users back to the newly registered users group. Should mean the new posts go in to moderation. Not quite dunking in the old river, but may keep some future drama out of public sight.

Hadn't had a need to do that before, but I won't hesitate to use that again if I feel a user is getting on dumb streak or making trouble but is not quite ready to be be hit out of the ballpark.

It's Mr. Lock! :)
    folder_lock.gif
This discussion has been closed.