RetroArch is being ported to Windows 98/2000

edited January 2017 in Software
So apparently this is a thing. I didn't think that developers still cared about Windows 98 or 2000.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/5ot2au/retroarch_is_being_ported_to_windows_2000_and/dcmqqxc/

I think this is cool, but I want to know how other people around here think. Does this interest you?

Comments

• neat. sounds like it'd work great as repurpose for some old PCs, although i'd rather use a Linux distro like Puppy for something like that.
  • Don't know what made them come to that decision... maybe it's because these two OSes are now widely used for gaming purposes or something like that? Odd really, but I wish them luck anyhow.

And upon looking up RetroArch itself, it's the first time I've known of an emulator able to support all different gaming platforms. Quite neat I should say.
  • Bry89 wrote:
    Don't know what made them come to that decision... maybe it's because these two OSes are now widely used for gaming purposes or something like that? Odd really, but I wish them luck anyhow.

This isn't actually being done by the team, but (I think) it's actually being done by some volunteer though
    Bry89 wrote:
    And upon looking up RetroArch itself, it's the first time I've known of an emulator able to support all different gaming platforms. Quite neat I should say.

I never tried it myself, but I've heard good things about it though.