Windows 98 OEM was installed. Topic resolved

edited February 2017 in Hardware
Hello There,

I am a bit used to older Windows operating systems... I need to hook up Windows 95. So, I have a Intel Celereon motherboard (I think) and when installing XP it goes into sleep mode... I need to install 95 but fear this same issue. Ill post more specs later, but any help is appreciated! If any way to fix this arises I'll mark as solved. Thanks in advance!! :D:D:D

Comments

• So...if anyone wanted to know... it didn't work. I am going to try NT or 2000 next. Anyone have any tips and/or tricks?

Thanks in advance,
    billiejeansonmac
  • If your mobo is beeping at startup (or at any time during usage), check what those beep codes mean. That spontaneous sleep mode issue can be anything from a simple incompatibility and/or driver issue to some severe hardware issue or just a component that is in between life and death (most likely the power distribution section on the mobo or even the CPU). Check for anything suspicious on the mobo (or on any other component such as the video card), such as inflated/blasted/leaky capacitors or burnt out ICs and resistors. I will need more details in order to help you. Also, if the CPU is over 2.1GHz (I doubt those old Celerons were THAT fast), the you will need to use use Fix95CPU after installing Win95 (windows protection error at startup due to kernel running into a divide by zero when trying to estimate CPU speed).
  • ok ill check that
  • Hello there, I have installed Windows 2000 and the unnameable you know what windows whistler but yet not. Thank you for all the help that was supplied to me. Thanks again! Billiejeans on mac