Replacement parts for a discontinued laptop?

edited March 2017 in Hardware
Hello, greetings, help me, etc.
I've checked our favorite auction website, and anything else that would've shown up on Google shopping, for 3 things, but the search has had limited to no success. The 3 things I searched for include:
1. A replacement IDE hard drive cable for the Toshiba Tecra 780 DVD/CDT, and the hard drive enclosure if available.
2. An external 3.5" floppy drive for the same model Toshiba laptop, because I don't know how Windows 95 OSR 2.5 or Windows 98 will handle a lobotomized 3.5" USB external floppy drive. I just need this for the driver floppy that came with it.
3. Replacement keyboard or keyboard keys, for the same model Toshiba laptop. The keys that need replacing are the "I" and the "D" key.
Any person who will help lead to the discovery of links to these parts will be thanked.
Toshiba Tecra 780DVD
P266 MMX
64MB of RAM
I forgot the HD size, but it was a number of gigabytes in the single digits.

Comments

• guykramer wrote:
    I saw a keyboard there, I still need other parts, like the most important part that is required for it to function, the hard drive cable.
  • At this point wouldn't it be more economic and easier to just find a different example of an old laptop such as a Thinkpad? I doubt you're going to have much luck finding all of those parts for this old of a machine, and even if you do they're likely to be expensive.
  • For something of that vintage, the only thing you can really do is be patient and hopefully a broken "parts" laptop will come up on eBay for cheap. That is what I have had to do several times with a Compaq Windows 98 laptop.

You can also post a "wanted to buy" notice on relevant forums.

BTW, there are some Windows 95/98 drivers for USB floppy drives, but the bigger problem is usually the lack of BIOS support.