Zzt

edited January 2005 in Software
Isn't it the best dos ascii game creation system ever?

Discuss...

Comments

• i never heard of it
  • its a cool game creation..game :) goto: http://zzt.the-underdogs.org (Z2)
  • It "owns" I made a ZZT game or 2. The 1st one sucked and was never finished, the 2nd one wasn't half bad, IIDSSM.

-Q
  • Ok, I shoud get it!!!
  • It has some games bundled with it, AND the full version was released as ABW by Epic!

-Q
  • Yeh! It Rulez! I made about 4 games, all with no plot. Then i tryed to make a calculater (any zzters will know how difficult this is).
    You can get loads of games off the net as well from places like the underdogs and some unofficial websites.
  • A CALCULATOR!? HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaH!!!!

-Q
  • Yeh, you now know how bored i get in the holidays :(
  • Eyya, I like to think that mine was OK, just a bit confusing and long winded and out of touch, etc, etc...

-Q

PS. @ least it had decent colours!
  • The code was really like basic though.
  • What, the calc, or ZZT OOP?

-Q
  • It's passable, Megazeux is bigger, but also more confusing and annoying.

-Q
  • Yeh, i tryed megazeux but stopped because it was too hars with too many options, like to make your own font?!?!?!
  • THAT'S the best part, but I'd try to play other ppls games, and I'd get 9 times out of 10 some error that the game could not be played. ANNOYING.

-Q
  • yeh, i had a special laptop for it, just had zzt to automatically boot up with a .bat file :)
  • Damn, it broke.. And the ascii is f'ed on my xp :(
  • XP somehow screwed ZZTAE on me, which really irritated me. Now when I get NAFTA working I'll do it all on there in Microsoft Windows 98!

-Q
  • Dude, did you ran this stuff in XP?
    For me it refused to run there. I used W95 on VPC.
  • Nah, I used to run it in a nice 386, but that fucked it self so I'm using XP now. I just need to download some .bat to get the font right..
  • the link above is dead:
    December Somethingth NVR4GET

Severe risk of terrorist attacks

So all of z2 is messed up. WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES PLEASE STAND BY.

However, we are working on it and should have a basic site up by the end of the month. We don't have much currently so yeah.

Temporary access the the games is available, but until we have the site back up, don't bother uploading anything.

So uh please stick with us while we try to get our act together because it's not like you can flee to Zeuxworld.

Note from clecky: an alternative archive has been uploaded to here

• It's been too long, Babb. It's not surprising.
  • Noo! Z2 is down! They best be up before I get NAFTA working again! I don't wanna have to play Town of ZZT 10 000 times because that's all there is...

-Q
  • Town of ZZT 0wnz ;)

Yeh Q, ZZTAE is all weird on mine too, it leaves a trail of white everywhere :\.

PS, Heres a link to download ZZT, the abw version:
    http://www.textmodegames.com/download/zips/zzt1.zip
  • Mr.BeanBag wrote:
    it leaves a trail of white everywhere :\

Same here. When I get NAFTA working (I may have said this already), I"ll stick a DOS/9x OS on there and ZZT on there in safety.

Don't you wish some ppl actually made the games they said they whould? Like Burglar 2? Or PCH 2?

-Q
  • Yeh, I was actually looking forward to burglar 2 :(

Ah yes, Z2 (zzt.the-underdogs.org) is back on line!
  • Yay, I just figured out that you can stop that annoying trail by turning Num Lock on!

w 00t!
  • ::oops: And it wasn't NTVDM all this time.

-Q
  • Yeh, lol. It's probally XPs crappy dos emulator.
  • NTVDM is XPs dos emulator isnt it?