Keep config.sys from scrolling on screen when loading stuff?

edited April 2017 in Software
How do you drivers and stuff from scrolling on the screen when config.sys is loaded? Unless there is an issue with some driver loaded from there, I don't want it to scroll everything in config.sys every time the computer boots or restarts. So is there away to stop this?

Comments

• can't you just type CLS at the end of autoexec.bat?

or if you want to see your version of DOS on boot:

CLS
    COMMAND
  • can't you just type CLS at ........

I don't want to see the scrolling at all, I want to go straight to C:\ on bootup but still load config.Sys in the background
  • There is really no good way to hide messages from config.sys items. You might look at the parameter switches for each driver and see if they have a "quiet" switch, but they usually don't.

I think once I tried using a command line program to change the default text color to black on black, and load it using "install=", but that won't stop scrolling.

Once you get to the autoexec.bat, however, you can use "@echo off" and pipe the output of each command to "> nul".
  • The answer is SomeGuy said.

There is no way to hide text scrolling via CONFIG.SYS on DOS.
    From Windows 9x, text scrolling is disappeared when it boots.
  • Well, with Win9x the text doesn't just disappear, it is hidden behind the Windows splash screen. I have had Windows 95 to glitch out, cut from the splash screen and show the text from drivers I loaded before finishing boot-up.
  • @BigCJ

Oops, my mistake, hehehe.
    Yes, you seem to be right.
    Thank you for the detailed explanation.
  • so it's most correct to say it is covered up and not visible.