WFWG 3.11 in VPC

edited July 2004 in Software
ok i have dos 6.22 in Virtual PC 2004 and i installed WFWG 3.11 problem is that windows woln't start, what do you guys think? need more info just ask

Comments

• did you try typing win at the command promt???
  • omg! i'm not a stupid newbie! sheesh......
  • Owned (wrong)
  • How do you mean 'It wont start' ?

-Q

PS. If you've installed VPC DOS VM Additions, hit F8 on DOS startup and do NOT load IDLE.EXE, the other 2 I'm not sure about. Try different combinations.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    omg! i'm not a stupid newbie! sheesh......
    lmao! isn't that one of the most ovious things to do?!?!?! Owned BTW!
  • yes the most obvious and when i say "it woln't start" i literally mean it woln't start, first i see the windows logo then its takes me back to the command prompt and its frozen, no commands work so i have to restart, the additions can stop it from loading? i'll check into it.
  • yeah it was the additions, works great now.
  • For me it worked without any additions. Strange.
  • Idle.com and fshare.exe locked it up for me. But the mouse driver didn't affect it. What's the point of that mouse driver anyways.
  • I couldn't get Win3.x to run at all in VPC. With or with out the additions.
  • Uhm...I used a dos and windows iso that someone made, I think it was you TCP who made it.... ~goes to toss the iso in a VM and see who created it~ Yeah, according to the title when install.bat is launched, it says cracked by TCPMeta. I can get your iso to work in VPC...why can't you?
  • I never figured out how to get that to work. What I do for VPC is take a 1.44M MS-DOS 6.22 bootdisk, convert it to 2.88Mb then add CD-ROm drivers and some other small tools, then use it to SYS C:, then copy A:\ C:\.

Then I make an ISO with WFWG on it.
  • wingzeroismine, Get WinISO and open the ISO file and edit the BAT files. I can't remember if I converted the BAT files to COM files.
  • uhm...what do you need me to edit them for?
    IBM, you can't get it to work? Well the menus it gives aren't fully working
    1: go to partition hard drive
    you have to manually run fdisk

2: restart and pick install ms-dos
    format c:
    go to a: and type install
    sys.com runs and all the dos files will be copied over (and for some reason the white text gets noticably brighter...). After that, reboot, remove the cd (or do something to not boot it). Install cd-rom drivers, go to the cd, windows fwg 3.11 will be in it's own folder for you to run setup from.
  • I dont know, I got DOS to install from it, I dont have the file anymore