No Audio in both MS-DOS and Windows 9x on real hardware.

edited June 2017 in Software
So, I have a machine here and I installed Windows 9x, Video Drivers worked, however Audio doesn't work, and I tried every single driver possible in the Internet but none of them works, when I try to install RealTek AC '97 on Windows, I only get this:
98.png.php?icon=bubble_i&style=98&title=&url=&text=&b1=&b2=&b3=
Now I decided to migrate to DOS, and guess what? No sound either, I only get sound from the PC Speaker, what should I do now?

Comments

• For DOS, audio beyond the PC speaker wasn't standardized, though SoundBlaster was the de facto one. If your sound card doesn't implement SB emulation somehow, then DOS software that expects a SoundBlaster (or something else) won't work with it.
  • Did that dialog box really appear? It looks fake to me.

And seeing as none of the drivers worked for you, have you tried nabbing some from WinWorld's library? They've got a selection, unless you did that already.
  • It's not fake, I couldn't screenshot it so I had to recreate how it looked like, now I'll try the Drivers from from WinWorld library.
  • I see... thanks for clearing that up. Reminds me of a similar error message I get when trying to open up Microsoft FrontPage, with Internet Explorer removed. Hope you can get your issue sorted once you get some drivers from the library. I'm sure there will be something for your machine.