can't find Neomagic MagicGraph128ZV+ , NM2097 drivers

edited August 2017 in Hardware
I need neomagic NM2097 , Magicgraph 128ZV+ drivers for windows 3.1, and I can't seem to find them , I do Know the previous graphics magicgraph 128ZV and the graphics card that came out after the 128ZV+ , the 128XD has windows 3.1 drivers , So I believe the 128ZV+ should have drivers for windows 3.1 , I just can't seem to find them, If anyone can help that would be great. If I look for the 128ZV+ drivers it comes up drivers for the 128ZV only.

Comments

• Can somebody tell me if I am right , I believe this is the driver ?

ftp://ftp.pcf.pl/Drivers/Notebook/Adwance_II/WIN31/VGA/RELEASE.TXT

This is the document for the version 5.07 driver for the 128XD and 128AV graphics for windows 3.1 , it's listed in the document as
    TITLE: NM2160/NM2093 WINDOWS 3.1x DISPLAY DRIVERS
    VERSION : 5.07

But than it gets confusing when you look at the Release history for the previous versions , in the list it has about the current version of 5.07 and it listed as :

Version 5.07 NM2160/NM2097/NM2093 Win3.1x display drivers

it adds the NM2097 , for the driver, which is the 128AV+ , Does this mean the driver is compatible with the 128AV+ as well? It's weird they list the driver for the 128XD and the 128AV , and then when you look at the release history and they add 128AV+ , at the release history of the current version 5.07?
  • Hello,
    it seems the drivers you found (the whole directory) are rights for the shield you've got.
    Try and then tell me what happend. I think they will go perfectly.
    Good night!
  • Those devices were used in some early Thinkpad models. I had a Thinkpad 240 that had a similar chipset, after looking on Thinkwiki it seems the 380 had this exact chipset. Try looking on IBM/Lenovo's site for the older drives, they used to keep a huge archive of older models on there.
  • BOD wrote:
    Those devices were used in some early Thinkpad models. I had a Thinkpad 240 that had a similar chipset, after looking on Thinkwiki it seems the 380 had this exact chipset. Try looking on IBM/Lenovo's site for the older drives, they used to keep a huge archive of older models on there.

That ibm had the 128ZV , not the 128ZV+ . No IBM thinkpad seemed to have the 128ZV+ at all , after the ZV they went with the 128XD which came right after the ZV+. I don't know the difference between the ZV and the ZV+ seem to have the same specs up to the same amount of ram.
  • Hello,
    it seems the drivers you found (the whole directory) are rights for the shield you've got.
    Try and then tell me what happend. I think they will go perfectly.
    Good night!

Update: yup it works