1st Anniversary of My Computer!

edited September 2017 in Hardware
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8508
(I planned to post it when the old post was posted in (10 PM) but i changed my mind)
(You can say "i dont care" but im gonna continue)
A year ago in June 10, 2016 (<--- sorry a error) I asked my cousin to buy a computer for me
So the plan started in June 10, 2016. I gave him money to support him,
texted him alot to see if his progress was done. (because I was impatient)
And in near midnight (10 PM) on August 30, I decided to call him to say if it was done,
he said yep, and I asked him to bring the computer (The computer was around 300 dollars shipped from USA)
and I decided to wrote it on WinWorld!
So yeah, here are all things about the computer (gathered by Can You RUN?):

Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Video Card - Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
RAM - 6 GB
Hard Drive Capacity - ~1 TB (914 GB)
OS - Windows 8.1 (build 9600), 64-bit
Memory(Dedicated) - 32 MB
Memory(Total) - 2 GB

Comments

• You're right... I don't care. :P

But I was curious enough to see how old my system was at this point.
    C:\&gt;systeminfo | find /i "install date"
    Original Install Date:     2/12/2011, 7:56:07 PM

That's more or less when I built the system... so roughly 6 1/2 years old now.
  • BlueSun wrote:

I estimate mine is from 2013 to 2014.
    I said because I formatted my computer because it became super slow.
  • BlueSun wrote:

That's also how old mine is too... though I've had it since 29th October 2011 so, just about six years for me. But with that handy little command that you use to find out, mine's was installed at 5:49 PM :)

I thought the whole OS was pre-installed way before that, when I saw files on it that were dated April and July 2011.
  • How about if we go even OLDER?

Your oldest working computer with installation date
    I know this is a anniversary post but i kinda go off-topic.
  • This is from my old desktop (P4 system I was using before I built my current system):
    Original Install Date:     6/12/2007, 11:45:22 PM

I have older, and as far as I know, working computers with working OS installs. But I'd have to dig them out and I don't have time for that at the moment.
  • Just booted up my old AMD K6-2... first desktop I ever built from components.
    Original Install Date:     12/24/2005, 2:50:30 PM

Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4. Such a blast from the past... NOD32 and only Internet Explorer 6 for a web browser... how did I ever survive? I don't think I did a lot with this system until I upgraded the hard drive.

This OS drive (8 GB Maxtor) was actually later cloned to an 80 GB drive, then a 250 GB, then a 1 TB, and now a 2 TB which is in my current Windows 7 desktop. Once upon a time it even still had the 2000 boot loader, but I think I wiped that out at some point. Or at the very least, it's horribly inoperable.

But anyways, I have now virtualized the OS, which means that my current desktop has the OS installs of my previous two desktops running as VMs. Yes, I am a data hoarder.
  • BlueSun wrote:
    Original Install Date:     12/24/2005, 2:50:30 PM

You joined WinWorld in 2004, but still, very nice!
    I think my oldest computer was 2009-2011 because that computer isn't working anymore...
  • I have a late 2004 IBM Thinkpad Type 2885 (x31)...
    Oldest PC-COMPATIBLE I have ever SEEN in person.