Mac OS X 10.0

Comments

• Qemu apparently can run 10.0

• Hmmmm...
    Wonder if MAME can handle it...

• edited December 2017

Indeed, Qemu does the trick. Just tried using v2.11.0 from brew.

Create the disk:
    qemu-img create -f raw -o size=2G MacOS10.img

Run the install:
    qemu-system-ppc -L openbios-ppc -boot d -M mac99 -m 1024 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=true' -prom-env 'vga-ndrv?=true' -drive file=osx_100_4k78_install.iso,format=raw,media=cdrom -drive file=MacOS10.img,format=raw,media=disk -device adb-mouse -device adb-keyboard

Boot the machine:
    qemu-system-ppc -L openbios-ppc -M mac99 -m 1024 -prom-env 'auto-boot?=true' -prom-env 'vga-ndrv?=true' -drive file=MacOS10.img,format=raw,media=disk -device adb-mouse -device adb-keyboard

• This better work on SheepShaver...

• QEMU has glitchy mouse emulation on Windows 10 (April Update)

• @RgamesOffical It only works on QEMU.

• I will try it on SheepShaver

• and it'll fail. Use SheepShaver.

• I usually recommend PearPC for emulating MacOS/OS X operating systems, because PearPC runs pretty smooth for me, and because of the fact that VirtualBox doesn't really like Mac operating systems.

• how do you even install pearpc

• SheepShaver does not run Mac OS X. Use QEMU to run Mac OS X (Since PearPC cannot run Mac OS X 10.0)

• @lollolmanVM said:
    how do you even install pearpc

The same way you would install any software; enter the setup wizard in Windows and install PearPC from there ;)

@SistemaRayoXP said:
    SheepShaver does not run Mac OS X. Use QEMU to run Mac OS X (Since PearPC cannot run Mac OS X 10.0)

Mac OS X 10.0 and later seems to work fine for me in PearPC, I use that hypervisor for all of my Mac emulation needs, like how I use VirtualBox for emulating general OSes, and DOSBox for emulating DOS OSes.

• Are you sure it's Mac OS X 10.0 Mac OS 10.1-10.4 can easily run on PearPC, but Mac OS X 10.0 is known to not run in PearPC (Due to lack of certain chipset emulation)

• According to the "comparison of platform virtualization software", at the section about PearPC, the guest OS part lists the following operating system families: Mac OS, and OS X. Actually, I found a way it seems to bypass the guest OS compatibility error, like how one time I found a way to install Windows 95 in VirtualBox without a boot floppy. Haha :p