Problem with Keyboard on Virtual PC 2007

edited July 2018 in Software

Hi, since i started to install Windows 2000 on a VM, i noted that Caps Lock doesn't work... Same happens when i try to use MS-DOS and get into the D CD Drive, but when i write the two dots it doesn't work. Anyone help?

Comments

• Please don't use VPC2007 if you can help it - it's not remotely maintained. VirtualBox and VMware work much better.

• @calvinb said:
    Please don't use VPC2007 if you can help it - it's not remotely maintained. VirtualBox and VMware work much better.

I use both VirtualBox but i have problems with it.

• I too use VPC from time to time, and I've never had that problem. That's strange...

• Update: I no longer use VPC 2007 cuz Windows 8.1 can't handle it. I'm using VMware now,

• @Zaphkiel024 said:
    Update: I no longer use VPC 2007 cuz Windows 8.1 can't handle it. I'm using VMware now,

Virtual PC is not meant for Windows 8 and up. On Windows 8 it requires a patch and Windows 10 will instantly cause the host to crash.

• With that said, I'm surprised that Windows 7 can handle it fine, even though it complained about it not being "compatible" upon installation the first time.

• @Bry89 said:
    I'm surprised that Windows 7 can handle it fine

Why do you surprise about that? Windows 7 is almost 100% compatible with Windows Vista applications, so there's no real reason for VPC 2007 to not work on it. And even there's a "special version" of Virtual PC for Windows 7, which is Windows Virtual PC (It's based on Virtual PC, but it's not the same).

It complained about it not being "compatible"

The only version that complains this is the RTM/SP0. If you download Virtual PC 2007 SP1 it will install on Windows 7 without problems

As for the Windows 8 issue, Windows 8 provides (I guess) Hyper-V same as Windows 10, and Hyper-V is based on Virtual PC, so that might be the solution for the OP

• @SistemaRayoXP said:

@Bry89 said:
    I'm surprised that Windows 7 can handle it fine

Why do you surprise about that? Windows 7 is almost 100% compatible with Windows Vista applications, so there's no real reason for VPC 2007 to not work on it. And even there's a "special version" of Virtual PC for Windows 7, which is Windows Virtual PC (It's based on Virtual PC, but it's not the same).

It complained about it not being "compatible"

The only version that complains this is the RTM/SP0. If you download Virtual PC 2007 SP1 it will install on Windows 7 without problems

As for the Windows 8 issue, Windows 8 provides (I guess) Hyper-V same as Windows 10, and Hyper-V is based on Virtual PC, so that might be the solution for the OP

Yeah, but Hyper-V doesn't install on Home SKU. I'm still assuming his host is Professional.

• Could you all shut up.

• Also, I used VPC 2007 on Windows 7 SP1. I actually use 8.1 so I use better emulators like VirtualBox and VMWare. (I used WPC on 7 before I upgraded.)

• @Zaphkiel024 said:
    Could you all shut up.

So the issue is resolved then. Good to hear.

This discussion has been closed.