Problems With Firefox 2.0

edited March 2007 in Site Issues
I want announce a problem with the forum when I use FireFox 2.0 in Win98 S.E : when I want to edit an reply that I have posted, it says to me that I am not logged in... so i can

Comments

• Try allowing cookies in the prefferences or settings menu. :)
  • or try Opera
  • If you set your regular browser to remember you, try logging out there before logging in in VPC. The multiple logins buissiness may be confusing it.

-Q
  • Zimmy wrote:
    or try Opera
    STOP PROMOTING OPERA!!!
  • Zimmy wrote:
    or try Opera

^
    |
    I agree.
  • Opera is a nice browser. It's fast, light, and does everything I want to. Alex, I suggest you try it sometime. http://www.opera.com.
    Did you know that the Nintendo Wii web browser is based off Opera? Did you know that Opera is one of the least prone browsers to badware? Do you like Opera, Alex?
  • ^ rofl.

BTW, if cookies were disabled, he wouldn't be able to login
  • http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html PROVES opera is the fastest browser on Windows.
  • edited March 2007
    I've used it for 6 years as it came with my laptop. Look under the 'which browser' poll (random crap) and see my cpu usage with only that running. I hate it. I've since downloaded firefox. It took 3 mins to load winboards.
  • I would like to say that generally speaking, responses of that sort are about as helpful as the "Install Linux" responses various people made in all the old Windows help threads, not to mention they're guaranteed to throw the entire thread off topic and not solve the initial problem.

-Q
  • Probably havent used Opera 9. Plus isnt it like a 100Mhz laptop anyway?
  • 400mhz, opera 9. I realise this is off topic. FedeVista keeps getting logged out.
  • Soundz like a firefox problem, I've never been logged out.
  • Firefox 2 works fine for countless people here.

• Firefox 2 works fine here also.
  • Q wrote:
    If you set your regular browser to remember you, try logging out there before logging in in VPC. The multiple logins buissiness may be confusing it.

-Q
    When i logged on VPC, I logged out from WinWorld Forums and then closed IE7, and then I logged on with my Win98 With FireFox 2 Virtual Machine, I don`t double-logged :)
  • edited March 2007
    alexzarach wrote:
    Try allowing cookies in the prefferences or settings menu. :)
    I have acepted cookies, SSL 1.0 and other things before logging to W/W Forums, within my VM.

I think I will stick with IE6 In my W98 VM. it works very, very well in any page (it`s and 4X4 browser :p )

AND OPERA IS BEST THAN FIREFOX 2 (IT DON`T HAVE THE SECURITY BUGS AND IT`S THEME SUPPORT ARE SUPERIOR THAN F/F 2) (I`VE USED IT ON WINDOWS NT 4.0 W.S. SERVICE PACK 6 AND WORKED EXELLENT) :lol:
  • Yikes, we don't need even more clever markup-shouting.

-Q
  • FedeVista wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:
    I have acepted cookies, SSL 1.0 and other things before logging to W/W Forums, within my VM.

I think I will stick with IE6 In my W98 VM. it works very, very well in any page (it`s and 4X4 browser :p )

AND OPERA IS BEST THAN FIREFOX 2 (IT DON`T HAVE THE SECURITY BUGS AND IT`S THEME SUPPORT ARE SUPERIOR THAN F/F 2) (I`VE USED IT ON WINDOWS NT 4.0 W.S. SERVICE PACK 6 AND WORKED EXELLENT) :lol:

I know I used large text to make a point, but that's because I was bored of people using WinBoards to advertise Opera. Please do not use size 18, underlined, to promote Opera!!

-Alexander Zarach
  • alexzarach wrote:
    FedeVista wrote:
    alexzarach wrote:

I know I used large text to make a point, but that's because I was bored of people using WinBoards to advertise Opera. Please do not use size 18, underlined, to promote Opera!!

-Alexander Zarach
    ok, excuse me :) i`ve corrected the size of the text and I think Opera 9 is better than FireFox 2 (it works well in forums and variated sites, that F/F 2 will simply HANG! :))
  • Sorry to be like a policeman towards you, it's just annoying.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Sorry to be like a policeman towards you, it's just annoying.
    ok, I understand you, as an part of the W/W team is very complicated to control the spam and other annoying things form the users :)
  • I have a phpBB forum, but this is not it. I can only report spam to the administrators, but can't erase it. I have as much control over the forum as you.
  • OK, i want one forum for my page too, but i want one on web-hosting that not requieres an PC to work (like the hosted websites, one FREE forum hosted in an web hosting)

if you can help making one for me, I will be very, very been thankful with you
  • Use php hosting at http://byethost.com/signup_i.php. I use them to host my forum, with no problems.

Download phpbb 2 below:

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=phpbb&filename=phpBB-2.0.22.zip&use_mirror=puzzle

or

Download phpbb 3 beta below:

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=phpbb&filename=phpBB-3.0.B5.zip&use_mirror=heanet

Just extract the file, and upload to your site. Visit your site, where you uploaded phpbb (eg fedefista.byethost18.com/phpbb) to run setup.
  • How i can upload the PhpBB files to byethost.com??? my url of the forum is http://forofede.byethost.com. but i don`t know how to upload the files and install them

are there an program to upload these files?
  • Login at cpanel.byethost18.com
    Click on file manager
    Click on ftp manager
    Create a new directory, phpBB, click on it.
    Click on java uploader at the top. Install java if need be.
    Select the phpBB file and click on upload files.
    Go to (name).byethost18.com/phpBB/phpBB.
    Follow the installation instructions.

-Alexander Zarach
  • edited March 2007
    Hello alex, i cannot enter to my account from cpanel (it says to me "We are unable to log you in with the information you provided. Please check your username and password and try again")

I don`t have any mail from byethost on my e-mail. so is that mail for "account activation"??? is this the matter with my account??? :S

I`ve put in the Username field, ForoFede and my password correctly, so if the user name is bad, it can be "ForoFede.byethost.com" (the full URL)???
  • Either sign up again or search in your spam folder in your email adress. Search in your inbox for 'byethost'. I hope this helps.
  • alexzarach wrote:
    Either sign up again or search in your spam folder in your email adress. Search in your inbox for 'byethost'. I hope this helps.
    I use windows live mail, and not I not have any SPAM or unwanted mails there..... :(

is the solution create another account????